Subscribe to news

Norilsk Nickel will participate to invest in the production of copper

17 September 2013, 14:48
Tags: Norilsk Nickel, copper

1333 views

Norilsk Nickel declined from previous planto further diversify in the mining and processing of ores of other metals, said Deputy General Director Pavel Fedorov.

According to his words Norilsk Nickel, at the same time, plans to increase production of platinum and copper, but not at the expense of basic products - nickel.

"Being factionally a diversified company, we believe that we have achieved a sufficient level of diversification - said Pavel Fedorov. - Our main product - nickel - has certain market challenges, and  the market of platinum group metals and copper is much more potential, and when considering future priorities, we will focus on the metals and increase their share in our portfolio. Without prejudice to the nickel we will not reduce the production of nickel, but where there is a profitable opportunity, we will invest in the growth of copper and platinum group metals ".

Now the proportion of nickel in the production is 45%, while the remaining 50-55% are  copper and platinum group metals.